Preparation time: 20 mins
Cooking time: 1 hr
- Extra-virgin olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic, smashed, divided
- Crushed red pepper flakes
- 8 chicken thighs, trimmed of excess skin
- Kosher salt
- 1 cup pomegranate molasses, divided
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 1 bundle thyme
- 1 cup pomegranate seeds
- 1 bunch fresh chives, finely chopped
- Preheat the oven to 350 F.
- Coat a large sauté pan with olive oil. Toss in 2 of the garlic cloves and a pinch of crushed red pepper. Bring the pan to medium-high heat. When the garlic is golden and very aromatic, remove it and discard.
- Season the chicken thighs with salt and place them skin side down in the pan. Don't crowd the pan or the thighs will steam instead of brown — you may have to work in batches here, no worries. Brown the chicken thighs really well on both sides, 10 to 12 minutes total. Transfer the thighs to a rimmed baking sheet and reserve.
- Ditch the oil from the pan and add 1/2 cup of the pomegranate molasses along with 1/4 cup of the chicken stock. Bring the mixture to a boil and let it evaporate by half — it should be slightly thick and syrupy.
- Return the chicken to the pan, reduce the heat to medium and cook in the sauce for 1 to 2 minutes on each side, or until it clings to the chicken in a yummy embrace.
- Transfer the chicken to the baking sheet and roast for 10 to 12 minutes or until cooked through.
- While the chicken roasts, add the remaining molasses, stock and garlic to the pan along with the thyme bundle and a pinch of crushed red pepper. Taste and season with salt if needed. Bring to a boil and reduce to a simmer. Cook until the liquid is thick and syrupy. Discard the garlic cloves and thyme bundle.
- Remove the chicken from the oven, transfer to a serving dish, drizzle with the sauce and sprinkle with the pomegranate seeds and chives before serving.
Posted by Coba Grills and we thank Today for this delicious recipe and the recipe link https://www.today.com/recipes/braised-chicken-pomegranate-molasses-recipe-t269594