Preparation time: 20 mins
Cooking time: 1-1/2 hours
- 3 tablespoons packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons paprika
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 3 teaspoons ground cumin
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 6 pounds pork baby back ribs
- 1 cup reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 2/3 cup ketchup
- 1/3 cup lemon juice
- 1-1/2 teaspoons minced fresh ginger root
- Chopped fresh parsley, optional
- Mix the first 6 ingredients; rub over ribs. Refrigerate, covered, 30 minutes.
- Wrap rib racks in large pieces of heavy-duty foil; seal tightly. Grill, covered, over indirect medium heat until tender, 1 to 1-1/2 hours.
- In a large saucepan, combine glaze ingredients; cook, uncovered, over medium heat until heated through and sugar is dissolved, 6-8 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Carefully remove ribs from foil. Place ribs over direct heat; brush with some of the glaze. Grill, covered, over medium heat until browned, 25-30 minutes, turning and brushing ribs occasionally with remaining glaze. If desired, sprinkle with parsley just before serving.
Posted by Coba Grills and we thank Taste of Home for this delicious recipe and the recipe link https://www.tasteofhome.com/recipes/big-john-s-chili-rubbed-ribs/