Preparation time: 10 mins
Cooking time: 45 mins
- 1 (12-oz.) bottle brown ale
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 12 ounces extra-firm tofu, drained, cut into 1 1/2-in. cubes, and patted dry
- Cooking spray
- 1 teaspoon black pepper, divided
- 3/4 teaspoon kosher salt, divided
- 1 zucchini (about 10 oz.), cut lengthwise into 1/2-in.-thick planks 1-pint cherry tomatoes, halved 3 cups loosely packed arugula (about 2 1/2 oz.)
- 2 cups cooked barley
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon sherry vinegar
- Preheat grill to high (450°F to 550°F).
- Bring beer, honey, and red pepper to a boil in a saucepan over medium-high. Cook, stirring occasionally, 20 to 25 minutes or until reduced to 1/2 cup.
- Thread tofu cubes onto 4 (6-inch) skewers. Coat with cooking spray. Sprinkle with 1/2 teaspoon pepper and 1/4 teaspoon salt. Brush tofu and zucchini with beer mixture. Arrange tofu skewers and zucchini in a single layer on grill grate coated with cooking spray. Grill tofu, brushing often with beer mixture, 2 to 3 minutes per side or until grill marks appear. Cook zucchini 3 to 4 minutes per side or until tender and grill marks appear. Remove from grill; coarsely chop zucchini.
- Toss together zucchini, tomatoes, arugula, barley, oil, vinegar, and remaining 1/2 teaspoon each pepper and salt in a large bowl. Top barley mixture with tofu.
Posted by Coba Grills and we thank Cooking Light for this delicious recipe and the recipe link is https://www.cookinglight.com/recipes/beer-brushed-tofu-skewers-barley