Preparation time: 10 mins
Cooking time: 25 mins
- 2 tbsp ketchup
- ½ tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1½ tbsp clear honey
- 1 tbsp American or Dijon mustard
- 1 tbsp roughly chopped fresh rosemary leaves, plus sprigs to garnish
- Oil, for brushing
- 4 onions
- Soak 4 wooden skewers in cold water for 30 mins. Meanwhile, make the glaze by mixing together the ketchup, vinegar, honey and mustard in a bowl. Stir through the chopped rosemary and set aside.
- Peel the onions, but keep them whole. Top and tail then cut each onion into 1.5cm thick slices. Line up 3-4 of the slices flat on your chopping board then carefully insert a skewer through the centre of the slices (as you would a lollipop or kebab). Repeat with the remaining skewers and onion slices.
- Brush the bars of a preheated barbecue or griddle pan with oil. Coat the onion slices with a little of the glaze and place on the grill. Cook for 20-25 mins until charred and tender, turning the skewers and brushing with more glaze regularly. Garnish with the fresh rosemary sprigs and drizzle over any remaining glaze to serve.
Posted by Coba Grills and we thank TESCO Real Food for this delicious recipe and the recipe link ishttps://realfood.tesco.com/recipes/bbq-onion-steaks.html