Preparation time: 20 mins
Cooking time: 30 mins
- 2 tsp tomato purée
- 2 tsp balsamic vinegar
- ¼ tsp smoked paprika
- 1 pitted medjool date
- 1 tsp rapeseed oil
- 1 large garlic clove, chopped
- 4 large skinless chicken drumsticks
- 1 romaine lettuce, shredded
- 2 handfuls watercress
- 2 chunks cucumber, halved and sliced
- 2 jacket potatoes, to serve
For the dressing
- 1 small avocado, halved and stoned
- 2 tbsp bio yogurt
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 4 spring onions, chopped
- ½ tsp dried tarragon
- ¼ tsp English mustard powder
- Blitz the tomato purée, vinegar, paprika, date, oil, garlic and 2-3 tbsp water until smooth. Slash the drumsticks a few times, then toss in the sauce. Heat the oven to 200C/180C fan/gas 6, then roast for 30 mins.
- To make the dressing, scoop the avocado into a bowl with the yogurt, lemon juice, spring onions, tarragon and mustard powder, then blitz with a hand blender until smooth.
- Toss the lettuce, watercress and cucumbers together and pile onto plates. Spoon over the dressing and serve with the chicken and potatoes.
Posted by Coba Grills and we thank BBC Good Food for this delicious recipe and the recipe link https://www.bbcgoodfood.com/recipes/bbq-chicken-drummers-green-goddess-salad