Preparation time: 10 mins
Cooking time: 15 mins
- 1½ cups cooked quinoa
- 1/2 cup fresh corn, cut from the cob
- 1/2 cup black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup shredded barbecue chicken
- 1 avocado, chopped
- salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 3-4 tablespoons shredded white cheddar cheese
- barbecue sauce, to taste
- 2 scallions, chopped
- cilantro, for garnish
- In a large bowl, toss together the quinoa, corn, black beans, chicken and avocado. Season with salt and pepper.
- Transfer mixture onto a bowl and top with shredded cheese, barbecue sauce, scallions and cilantro.