Preparation time: 10 mins
Cooking time: 20 mins
- 2 large eggs (or 3 small eggs)
- 2 tablespoons Almond Breeze almond milk Unsweetened Original
- 1/3 cup coconut flour
- 3/4 almond flour or almond meal
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken tenders
- Coconut oil cooking spray
- 3 tablespoons dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons honey
- ½ tablespoon warm water
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the eggs and 2 tablespoons of almond milk.
- In a separate large bowl, mix together coconut flour, almond flour, salt, black pepper, onion powder, paprika, garlic powder, and cayenne pepper. Add 2 tablespoons of almond milk to the bowl and use a fork to mix together to form a ‘crumb-like’ texture.
- Dip each chicken tender into flour mixture, then into egg mixture (coating the tender entirely), then back into flour mixture to coat the chicken strips. This should create a crumb-like look. Place each strip on the prepared baking sheet, 2 inches apart.
- Generously spray the tops of the chicken strips with cooking oil spray. Bake in the oven for 15-20 minutes until cooked through.
- To make the honey mustard dipping sauce: add dijon mustard, honey and warm water to a bowl and mix together until well-combined. Then get dipping!
Posted by Coba Grills and we thank Blue Diamond Almonds for this delicious recipe and the recipe link is https://www.bluediamond.com/recipes/baked-paleo-chicken-tenders-with-honey-mustard-dip