Preparation time: 15 mins
Cooking time: 5 mins
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 eggs, beaten with 1 tablespoon of water
- 1½ cups panko bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup grated Parmigiano Reggiano
- 4 small organic chicken breasts, butterflied and lightly pounded to 1/4-inch thick
- Kosher salt
- Extra virgin olive oil, for frying
- 1 tablespoon butter
- Set up a standard breading procedure in 3 wide deep plates. Fill 1 with flour, 1 with the beaten eggs, and 1 with the panko and grated Parmigiano.
- Season the chicken breasts with salt. Using one hand for dry things and 1 hand for wet things, take each piece of chicken through the breading procedure: dredge lightly in the flour, then the egg wash and then through the breadcrumbs. Lay the breaded chicken on a sheet tray and refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
- Pour olive oil into a large sauté pan until it reaches a thickness of about a half an inch (better a little more rather than a little less). Bring to a medium-high heat and add butter. Cook the chicken in the oil in batches on both sides until it is a lovely golden brown color and is crispy, about 4-5 minutes. Do not crowd the pan or the chicken will become very greasy and soggy. When the chicken comes out of the oil lay it on paper towels to drain off the excess oil and sprinkle with salt (you can keep the chicken in a low oven to keep it warm while the rest of the chicken is cooking).
Posted by Coba Grills and we thank Today for this delicious recipe and the recipe link https://www.today.com/recipes/anne-burrell-s-chicken-milanese-recipe-t160103