Preparation time: 40 mins
Cooking time: 5 mins
- 4 Chinese dried shiitake mushrooms
- 6 large leaves napa cabbage, about 12 ounces
- 1 pound Chinese fresh egg noodles
- 1 tablespoon Asian sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon oyster flavored sauce
- 3 tablespoons peanut or vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon ginger, finely minced
- 1 cup carrots, julienned
- 2 scallions, finely shredded
- In a medium bowl, soak the mushrooms in 1/4 cup cold water for 30 minutes, or until softened. Drain and squeeze dry, reserving soaking liquid. But off and discard stems and thinly slice the caps.
- Wash the cabbage leaves in several changes of cold water and allow them to thoroughly drain in a colander until dry to the touch. Trim 1/4 inch from the stem end of the cabbage leaves and discard. Stack 2 to 3 cabbage leaves at a time and cut crosswise into 1/4-inch wide-shreds.
- In a 4-quart saucepan, bring about 2 quarts of water to a boil over high heat. Add noodles, return to a rolling boil, and boil according to package directions. Rinse under cold water and drain the noodles thoroughly. Transfer to a medium bowl, add sesame oil and 1 tablespoon soy sauce and mix well. Set aside. In a small bowl combine 1 tablespoon soy sauce and oyster sauce and set aside.
- Heat a 14-inch flat-bottomed wok over high heat until a bead of water vaporizes within 1 to 2 seconds of contact. Add 1 tablespoon vegetable oil and ginger, and stir-fry for 10 seconds. Add the carrots, scallions, and mushrooms and stir-fry for 1 minute or until vegetables are just limp.
- Add the remaining 2 tablespoons of vegetable oil and cabbage, and stir-fry for 1 minute, or until cabbage begins to wilt. Add the noodles, and reserved mushroom soaking liquid, and stir-fry for 2 to 3 minutes, or until noodles are heated through. Swirl in the remaining soy sauce mixture and toss to combine.
Posted by Coba Grills and we thank Today for this delicious recipe and the recipe link https://www.today.com/recipes/vegetable-lo-mein-t255291