Preparation time: 15 mins
Cooking time: 15 mins
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 medium red onions, thinly sliced
- 1 teaspoon chipotle powder or hot paprika
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1 ripe mango—peeled, pitted and cut into 1/4-inch dice
- 1 medium cucumber—peeled, seeded and cut into 1/4-inch dice
- 1 serrano or jalapeño chile, seeded and very finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1 tablespoon chopped cilantro
- One 1-pound tuna steak (1 inch thick)
- Eight 6-inch corn tortillas
- Light a grill or preheat a grill pan. In a large skillet, heat 2 tablespoons of olive oil. Add the onions, season with salt, and cook over moderately high heat until softened and browned for about 8 minutes. Add the chipotle powder and cook for 30 seconds. Add the oregano and the vinegar and cook for 1 minute. Transfer to a plate.
- Meanwhile, in a bowl, combine the mango, cucumber, serrano, lime juice, and cilantro and season the salsa with salt.
- Oil the grill. Rub the tuna with the remaining 1 tablespoon of olive oil and season with salt. Grill over high heat until lightly charred and pink within, about 3 minutes per side. Transfer to a plate. Grill the tortillas until hot and soft, about 10 seconds. Stack the tortillas and wrap them in foil to keep warm
- Thinly slice the tuna and transfer to a platter. Serve with the onions, salsa and tortillas. Let everyone make their own tacos.
Posted by Coba Grills and we thank Food and Wine for this delicious recipe and the recipe link https://www.foodandwine.com/recipes/tuna-tacos-onions