Preparation time: 9 mins
Cooking time: 16 mins
- 1 large head cauliflower, outer leaves removed, stem trimmed
- 1 tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 c. freshly chopped cilantro
- 1 small shallot, finely diced
- 1 small clove garlic, minced
- 1 tbsp. brown sugar
- 1 tbsp. fish sauce (or soy sauce)
- 1/2 tsp. crushed red pepper flakes
- Juice and zest of 1 lime
- 1/4 c. chopped salted peanuts
- Heat grill to medium. Place cauliflower stem-side down on cutting board and cut into 1" thick “steaks.” Rub olive oil all over and season both sides with salt and pepper.
- Grill cauliflower 8 minutes per side, covered, until charred and tender.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, stir together cilantro, shallot, garlic, brown sugar, fish sauce, red pepper flakes, and lime juice and zest.
- Transfer grilled cauliflower to platter, spoon over sauce, and sprinkle with peanuts.