Preparation time: 5 mins
Cooking time: 10 mins
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts (4–6 Oz each)
- Teriyaki sauce
- 4 slices Swiss cheese
- 4 pineapple slices (1⁄2" thick)
- 4 whole-wheat buns (Note: Whole-wheat buns are often made with a small percentage of whole grains and a surplus of sugar. Settle on a brand with 3 grams of fiber and fewer than 110 calories per bun.
- 1 red onion, thinly sliced
- Pickled Jalapeños
- Combine the chicken and enough teriyaki sauce to cover in a resealable plastic bag and marinate in the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes and up to 12 hours.
- Heat a grill until hot (You shouldn't be able to hold your hand above the grates for more than 5 seconds.)
- Remove the chicken from the marinade and place on the grill; discard any remaining marinade.
- Cook for 4 to 5 minutes on the first side; flip and immediately add the cheese to each breast.
- Continue cooking until the cheese is melted and the chicken is lightly charred and firm to the touch. Remove and set aside.
- While the chicken rests, add the pineapple and the buns to the grill. Cook the buns until they're lightly toasted and the pineapple until it's soft and caramelized, about 2 minutes per side.
- Top each bun with chicken, red onion, jalapeño slices, and pineapple. If you like, drizzle the chicken with a bit more teriyaki sauce.
Posted by Coba Grills and we thank Eat This, Not That for this delicious recipe and the recipe link is https://www.eatthis.com/grilled-chicken-pineapple-sandwich-recipe/