Preparation time: 10 mins
Cooking time: 20 mins
- 8large ears fresh yellow corn, husks removed
- 3tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 1/2teaspoons kosher salt, divided
- 1/2teaspoon black pepper, divided
- 1medium-size red onion, cut into 1/2-in.-thick slices
- 3large jalapeño chilies, halved lengthwise and seeds removed
- 2tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2cup loosely packed cilantro leaves
- 1/4cup fresh lime juice (from 2 limes)
- Preheat grill to medium-high (about 450°F). Brush corn with mayonnaise; sprinkle with 1 teaspoon of the salt and 1/4 teaspoon of the pepper. Grill corn, covered, turning occasionally, until charred and tender, 10 to 12 minutes. (Kernels may pop.)
- Brush onion and jalapeños with oil; sprinkle with remaining 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper. Grill onion and jalapeños, covered, turning occasionally, until charred and tender, about 5 minutes.
- Cut kernels from corn into a large bowl. Chop onion and jalapeños; add to corn kernels. Stir in cilantro and lime juice; serve immediately.
Posted by Coba Grills and we thank Southern Living for this delicious recipe and the recipe link is https://www.southernliving.com/recipes/spicy-grilled-corn-salad-recipe