Preparation time: 5 mins
Cooking time: 18 mins
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- 6 sliced of pancetta
- 3 tbsp panko breadcrumbs - or fresh breadcrumbs
- 400 g 14oz tin of cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
- 400 g 14oz tin of butter beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 cloves garlic - peeled and minced
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 1/2 tsp. cumin
- 1/2 tsp. ground coriander
- 1 tsp. dried chilli pepper flakes
- 3 large British Lion eggs
- Medium bunch parsley - roughly chopped
- Pinch of dried chilli pepper flakes
- Heat half the olive oil in a large frying pan (skillet) on a medium-to-high heat. Add the pancetta, and cook for 1-2 minutes until crispy. Remove from the pan and roughly cut into pieces.
- Add the breadcrumbs to the pan and cook, stirring often, until golden brown (takes about 1-2 minutes). Remove from the pan.
- Add the remaining oil to the pan, heat through, then add the cannellini beans and butter beans. Fry for 3-4 minutes, stirring regularly and giving them a gentle mash every now and then with the back of a spoon.
- Add in the garlic, salt, pepper, paprika, cumin, coriander and chilli pepper flakes. Stir everything together and heat through for 2 minutes.
- Make 3 wells in the bean mixture and break an egg into each well. Turn down the heat to medium-low and cover the pan with a lid or foil. Cook for 4-5 minutes until the white of the eggs starts to go solid. If you're worried about the beans burning (more likely if you're not using a non-stick pan), add a splash of just-boiled water to the beans.
- Remove the foil and scatter the parsley on top, along with the cooked pancetta and breadcrumbs. Replace the foil and cook for a further 1-2 minutes, until the pancetta is heated through.
- Once the whites of the eggs are fully cooked, serve straight from the pan with a sprinkling of chilli pepper flakes.
Posted by Coba Grills and we thank Kitchen Sanctuary for this delicious recipe and the recipe link is https://www.kitchensanctuary.com/spicy-egg-breakfast-smashed-beans-pancetta