Preparation time: 25 mins
Cooking time: 15 mins
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 4 scallions (green and white parts), thinly sliced
- 2 large cloves garlic, minced
- kosher salt
- 8 ounces cream cheese at room temperature
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 teaspoons Tabasco
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 10 ounces cooked fresh crab meat, picked free of any shells
- 1 large lemon, cut into wedges
- 1 sleeve butter crackers (35 to 40 crackers)
- Preheat the oven to 350 F.
- In a small sauté pan set over medium heat, melt the butter, and then add the scallions and garlic along with a pinch of salt. Add a splash of water and cook, stirring occasionally, until the scallions and garlic become tender without becoming overly brown, 3-5 minutes. When the water is cooked out and the scallions are translucent, remove the pan from the heat and set it aside to cool.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the cream cheese, mayonnaise, Worcestershire, Tabasco, cayenne, and a pinch of salt until smooth. Put the crabmeat in a medium bowl and season it with a pinch of salt and a little lemon juice; then gently stir the crabmeat into the dip. Spoon the dip into a 1-quart (4-cup) baking dish.
- Place the baking dish in the oven and bake until the dip is warmed through, 20-25 minutes. Squeeze the remaining lemon wedges over the top and serve warm, with the crackers alongside.
Posted by Coba Grills and we thank Today for this delicious recipe and the recipe link https://www.today.com/recipes/spicy-crab-dip-recipe-t194928