Preparation time: 15 mins
Cooking time: 45 mins
- 1 medium yellow onion, finely chopped
- 6 large cloves garlic, minced
- 4 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/2 pound chorizo sausage
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 cup white cooking wine
- 1 (15-ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 2 cups chicken or fish stock
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 pound mussels
- 1/2 pound deveined and cleaned shrimp
- 7 ounces picked crabmeat
- In a medium-sized Dutch oven, sauté onion and garlic in olive oil on medium-low heat for 5 minutes until translucent. Add oregano, pepper flakes, chorizo and tomato paste, and cook for about 5 minutes to cook out the tomato paste.
- Add white wine, diced tomato, stock and bay leaf, and let come to a boil, about 2 to 3 minutes. Then add your mussels and cover until they open, 3 to 4 minutes. Uncover the pot, add the shrimp, stir and let cook until the shrimp is cooked, about 4 minutes.
- Turn off the heat, add the crabmeat and stir gently, making sure not to break up the crabmeat lumps. Pour up a bowl and serve with some toasted crusty bread.
Posted by Coba Grills and we thank Today for this delicious recipe and the recipe link https://www.today.com/recipes/spicy-chorizo-seafood-stew-recipe-t244281