Preparation time: 10 mins
Cooking time: 30 mins
Chicken and Grapes
- 6 bone-in chicken thighs
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 4 medium shallots, halved
- 1 bunch red grapes on the vine, cut into clusters
- 5 large sprigs fresh thyme
- 1 sprig fresh rosemary
- Flaky sea salt
White Wine Reduction Sauce
- 1 cup Littorai vin gris, or another dry white wine
- 2 large sprigs thyme
- 1/2 cup chicken stock
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 ball burrata cheese or fresh mozzarella
- Grilled stecca bread
To Roast Chicken And Grapes
- Preheat oven to 400 F.
- Season chicken generously with salt and pepper.
- In heavy large skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add chicken, skin side down, and sear for about 5 minutes, or until skin is golden. Turn chicken over and cook 2 more minutes. Transfer chicken skin side up to large rimmed baking sheet.
- Add shallots to hot skillet, cut side down, and cook for about 3 minutes, or until golden brown.
- Add shallots, grape clusters, thyme and rosemary to pan with chicken. Transfer baking sheet to oven and roast for 15 minutes, or until chicken is cooked through.
For The White Wine Reduction Sauce
- Combine wine and thyme in medium frying pan over medium-high heat. Simmer for 4 minutes, or until wine is reduced by half. Add chicken stock and simmer 4 minutes, or until reduced by half. Remove pan from heat and whisk in butter to blend. Season sauce with salt and pepper.
- Cut burrata in half and arrange on platter. Surround cheese with chicken, grapes, shallots and herbs. Drizzle sauce over chicken and grapes and serve with stecca.