Preparation time: 20 mins
Cooking time: 30 mins
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 pork steaks, neck
- 20 g brown sugar
- 8 sage leaves, fresh + extra to serve
- 250 g apple cider
- 2 apples, red in 1 cm thick slices
- 1 green bell pepper
- 1 tablespoon(s) thyme
- For the polenta
- 300 g milk
- 350 g water
- 170 g polenta
- 60 g butter
- 50 g gorgonzola
- Preheat the oven to 180ο C (350* F) set to fan.
- Brush the pork chops with olive oil and season with salt and pepper.
- Sprinkle with brown sugar, sage leaves, and massage the pork chops.
- Heat a large pan. Add the pork chops in two batches and sauté for 2-3 minutes on each side until they are golden.
- Remove pork chops from pan and transfer to a large baking pan.
- Add the apple cider to the hot pan and scrape the bottom with a wooden spoon.
- Pour the apple cider into the baking pan.
- Add the apples, chili pepper (cut in slices), thyme, and bake for 15-20 minutes until the pork chops are ready.
- Prepare the polenta while the pork chops are being cooked.
- In a pot over medium heat, heat the milk and water until they come to a boil.
- Slowly add the polenta and continuously whisk until the mixture has a smooth texture.
- Lower heat and simmer for 10 minutes by continuously whisking.
- Remove pot from the heat and add the butter, gorgonzola, salt and pepper.
- Continuously whisk until the ingredients are homogenized.
- Serve the polenta with the pork chops, some sage leaves, and green chili pepper cut into rounds.