Preparation time: 15 mins
Cooking time: 10 mins
- 1 pound bucatini or long pasta of choice
- 3-4 good summer tomatoes (about 1½ pounds)
- 1 clove garlic
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 pinch sugar
- 1/2 cup chopped Kalamata olives
- 6 basil leaves, cut into thin ribbons
- Ricotta salata cheese, grated
- Bring a large pot of salted water to boil. Cook the pasta until al dente, making sure to reserve about 1/2 cup of pasta water before draining.
- Slice a thin round off of the bottom of each tomato. Starting with that end, grate the tomatoes over the larger holes of a box grater into a medium-sized bowl, until all that's left is the flattened tomato skin and stem, which you can discard.
- Using a rasp grater, grate the clove of garlic into the bowl.
- Add in the olive oil, lemon zest, kosher salt, pepper, red pepper flakes and sugar. Stir gently to combine. Let the mixture sit for 10 to 15 minutes, if possible.
- Pour sauce over the pasta, along with kalamata olives and basil. Toss to incorporate.
- Top with grated ricotta salata cheese.
Posted by Coba Grills and we thank Today for this delicious recipe and the recipe link https://www.today.com/recipes/pasta-no-cook-tomato-sauce-recipe-t260840