Preparation time: 10 mins
Cooking time: 45 mins
- 4 medium zucchini (each about 8 oz), halved lengthwise
- 3 tsp. olive oil
- 1 carrot, chopped
- 1 pepper (red, orange, or yellow), diced
- 1/2 c. cherry tomatoes, quartered
- 1 lb. boneless, skinless chicken breast, cut into tiny pieces
- 2 tsp. smoked paprika
- 1 tsp. dried oregano
- 1/8 to 1/4 tsp red pepper flakes (optional)
- Kosher salt
- 3 tbsp. chopped fresh chives
- 1/2 c. plain low-fat kefir
- 2 tsp. fresh lemon juice
- 1/3 c. finely chopped fresh mint leaves
- 1/4 seedless cucumber, cut into 1/4-inch pieces (optional)
- Place a rimmed baking sheet in the oven and heat to 450°F. Cut zucchini in half lengthwise and, using a teaspoon, hollow out each half, transferring the insides to a cutting board; chop. Brush the cut sides with 1 teaspoon oil, then place on the heated baking sheet, cut sides down. Roast 6 minutes.
- Heat remaining 2 tsp oil in a large skillet on medium-high. Add carrot, pepper, tomatoes, and chopped zucchini and cook, tossing often, until the vegetables begin to soften, about 5 minutes.
- Season chicken with paprika, oregano, red pepper flakes (if using), and a pinch of salt; add to the skillet and stir, then remove from heat. Stir in chives.
- Turn zucchini cut sides up and divide chicken mixture among zucchini boats (about a generous 1/2 cup each). Roast until zucchini are tender and chicken is cooked through, 8 to 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, prepare the topping: In a small bowl, combine kefir and lemon juice; fold in mint and cucumber if using. Serve with zucchini.
Posted by Coba Grills and we thank Woman’s Day for this delicious recipe and the recipe link https://www.womansday.com/food-recipes/food-drinks/a24220378/mediterranean-zucchini-boats-with-kefir-mint-topping-recipe/