Preparation time: 5 mins
Cooking time: 20 mins
- 1 eggplant, cut into 1/2-inch circles
- 1 yellow squash, cut into 1/2-inch circles
- 1 zucchini, cut into 1/2-inch circles
- 1 red bell pepper, cored and quartered
- 1 green bell pepper, cored and quartered
- 1 Vidalia onion, cut into 1/2-inch circles
- 1½ cups olive oil
- 1/2 cup red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- 2 teaspoons dry oregano
- 1 tablespoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Place the sliced veggies into a large zip-top bag or plastic container.
- In a medium-sized mixing bowl, whisk together the olive oil, vinegar, honey, water, garlic powder, onion powder, oregano, salt, and pepper. Pour the marinade over the veggies, reserving 1/2 cup for after the veggies are cooked. Refrigerate the marinated veggies for 1 hour or overnight.
- Preheat grill to high. Once the grill is hot, clean with a wire grill brush and oil with nonstick grill spray, being careful not to spray directly into the flames.
- Remove the veggies from the marinade and place the veggies evenly over the grill grates and cook for approximately 2 to 3 minutes to get beautiful grill marks. Flip the veggies and continue to cook an additional 2 to 3 minutes or until the veggies are tender. If they require more cook time, reduce the heat to low, close the lid of the grill and continue to cook for an additional 2 minutes, if necessary.
- Transfer the cooked grilled veggies to a platter, drizzle on the reserved marinade and serve.