Preparation time: 30 mins
Cooking time: 30 mins
- 1/2 c. plain yogurt
- 2 plain yogurt
- 2 cloves garlic, grated
- 1 tbsp. grated fresh ginger
- 1 tsp. garam masala
- 1 tsp. ground turmeric
- 2 tsp. lemon zest, plus 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 1/2 lb. boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into 11/2-inch pieces
- Canola oil, for grill grates
- 1 medium-size red onion, cut into 1-inch wedges, then halved crosswise
- 4 pieces flatbread or naan
- Cucumber and Cilantro Yogurt Sauce
- Combine yogurt, garlic, ginger, garam masala, turmeric, lemon zest and juice, and 1/2 teaspoon each salt and pepper in a bowl. Add chicken and stir to combine. Let marinate 15 minutes.
- Heat grill to medium. Once hot, clean and lightly oil grill grates. Thread chicken and onions onto six large skewers. Grill, turning occasionally, until chicken is cooked through and onion is just tender, 8 to 10 minutes. Grill flatbread until lightly toasted, about 1 minute per side.
- Serve kebabs and flatbread with Cucumber and Cilantro Yogurt Sauce alongside.
Posted by Coba Grills and we thank Country Living for this delicious recipe and the recipe link https://www.countryliving.com/food-drinks/a32353054/marinated-chicken-and-onion-kebabs/