Preparation time: 15 mins
Cooking time: 30 mins
- 4 ounces unsalted butter
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 pounds raw lobster, claws and knuckle meat
- 1/4 cup coarsely chopped fresh Italian parsley
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon ground white pepper
- 4 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 3 cups heavy cream
- 2 cups freshly grated Parmesan cheese, divided
- 2 cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese, divided
- 1 cup shredded pepper jack cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon granulated garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon granulated onion
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 pound cavatappi pasta, cooked al dente
- Preheat the grill to 450 F.
- Place a 12-inch cast-iron pan on the grill and add the butter and garlic.
- Once the butter is melted, add the lobster, parsley, salt and white pepper, and stir.
- Poach the lobster lightly for 5 to 6 minutes, until bright red. Season to taste if needed with additional salt and pepper. Remove the lobster to a separate plate and set aside, reserving the liquid.
- Bring the reserved liquid to a rapid boil and whisk in the flour until it creates a blond roux. Add the heavy cream while continuously whisking. Bring to a boil and stir until slightly thickened. Whisk in 1 cup of the Parmesan, 1 cup of the sharp cheddar, the pepper jack and all of the seasonings, until melted and smooth.
- Remove the pan from the grill. Add the pasta, lobster meat and remaining 1 cup sharp cheddar, and use a rubber spatula to mix thoroughly.
- Top with the remaining 1 cup Parmesan. Place the pan back onto the grill and continue to cook for an additional 20 minutes, until the mac and cheese is bubbly and nicely browned.
Posted by Coba Grills and we thank Today for this delicious recipe and the recipe link https://www.today.com/recipes/lobster-mac-cheese-recipe-t244923