Preparation time: 10 mins
Cooking time: 20 mins
- 1⅛ teaspoons freshly ground black pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon sea salt
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1/2 cup 1/2 cup fresh basil leaves, chopped
- 5 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 tablespoons coconut oil or melted butter
- 1/2 cup freshly squeezed lime juice
- 4 tablespoon agave syrup
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- Fresh basil springs, for garnish (optional)
- Press 1 teaspoon of the ground black pepper and the sea salt into the chicken breasts and place in a zip-top bag.
- In a small bowl, stir together the chopped basil olive oil, coconut oil, lime juice, agave and minced garlic. Pour 3/4 of the mixture into the bag with the chicken, seal and let marinate for about 30 minutes. Divide the remaining marinade into two portions, one to use for basting and one to pour over dish after it's cooked.
- Preheat a grill or grill pan to medium-high heat. Cook the chicken for 7-10 minutes on each side, basting frequently with the marinade mixture.
- Serve chicken with remaining lime-basil marinade drizzled over the top. Garnish with fresh basil springs, if desired, and serve.
Posted by Coba Grills and we thank Today for this delicious recipe and the recipe link https://www.today.com/recipes/lime-basil-chicken-recipe-t133282