Preparation time: 15 mins
Cooking time: 15 mins
- 1 cup potato starch
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 24 (2 dozen) chicken wings
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 3 eggs, whisked
- Oil, for frying
- 1/2 cup minced garlic
- 1 cup butter, unsalted
- 3/4 cup light brown sugar
- 1/3 cup premium soy sauce
- 1½ tablespoons fish sauce
- 3/4 cup gochujang
- 4 tablespoons honey
- 1/2 tablespoons crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 cup water
- 1½ tablespoons fresh lime juice
- Scallions, sliced thinly on the bias
- Chopped cilantro
For The Wings
- Mix the potato starch, flour and baking powder in a bowl.
- Season the wings with salt and pepper and then pour the egg over the wings and make sure each wing is nicely coated.
- Then dredge the wings in flour mixture, making sure they're nicely coated.
- Heat a pot of oil to 325 F.
- Fry the wings for 5 minutes and then drain on paper towel. This can be done be done in advance.
- Bring the oil temperature up to 350 F.
- Then fry the wings again for 7 minutes.
For The Sauce
- While the wings are cooking, add all the ingredients, except the lime juice, to a saucepan and cook until it becomes a nice thick glaze. Stir in the lime juice and remove from heat.
- Toss the wings with sauce and garnish with scallions and cilantro.