Preparation time: 10 mins
Cooking time: 20 mins
- 3 corn tortillas, cut into thin strips
- 4 small Roma tomatoes, chopped
- 1 red onion, diced
- 1 jalapeño pepper, minced
- 1⁄2 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- Juice of 1 lime
- 8 oz. flank steak
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- 1⁄2 Tbsp. red wine vinegar
- 1 tsp. canned chipotle pepper
- 1⁄2 Tbsp. honey
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 head romaine lettuce, chopped
- 1⁄2 can (14–16oz) black beans, drained
- 1 avocado, pitted, peeled, and thinly sliced
- Preheat the oven to 400°F. Place the tortilla strips on a baking sheet and bake for 8 to 10 minutes, until lightly brown and crispy. Set aside.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the tomatoes, onion, jalapeño, cilantro, and half the lime juice. Set the salsa aside.
- Preheat a grill or grill pan.
- Season the steak with salt and pepper.
- Once the grill or pan is fully heated, toss on the steak. Cook for 4 to 5 minutes per side, depending on thickness, until firm but yielding.
- Let the steak rest for 5 minutes before slicing it thinly against the grain of the meat.
- Combine the remaining lime juice with the vinegar, chipotle, and honey.
- Slowly drizzle in the olive oil, whisking to combine.
- Toss the lettuce with enough vinaigrette to lightly coat, then divide among 4 plates.
- Top each serving with slices of steak, black beans, avocado, a heaping spoonful of salsa, and a few tortilla strips.
Posted by Coba Grills and we thank Eat This, Not That for this delicious recipe and the recipe link is https://www.eatthis.com/grilled-mexican-steak-salad-recipe/