Preparation time: 10 mins
Cooking time: 10 mins
- 3 medium zucchini
- 1 cup part-skim ricotta
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan
- 2 teaspoons dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt, divided
- freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- fresh basil leaves, for garnish (optional)
- Wash and dry zucchini. Cut off top and bottom ends and slice lengthwise into 1/4-inch-wide strips (you can use a mandoline if you have one). You'll get between 5 and 8 slices per zucchini.
- To make the filling, combine ricotta cheese, Parmesan, dried basil, remaining salt, and pepper. You'll get one heaping cup. Set in fridge until ready to use.
- Mist both sides of zucchini slices with olive oil spray (or brush with extra virgin olive oil) and sprinkle on 1/4 teaspoon salt and black pepper to taste. Set grill to medium-high and place zucchini slices on top in a single layer. Cook for 2 to 3 minutes on each side; they should be soft enough to easily roll and have light char marks. Let them completely cool before you add filling.
- Spread a scant tablespoon of filling over the top of one strip. Lay down a fresh basil leaf and roll it up. Repeat the same process with the remaining zucchini.
Posted by Coba Grills and we thank Today for this delicious recipe and the recipe link https://www.today.com/recipes/joy-bauer-s-grilled-zucchini-roll-ups-recipe-t224655