Preparation time: 10 mins
Cooking time: 25 mins
- Canola oil for grill grates
- 3 small zucchini (about 1 pound), halved lengthwise
- 3 small yellow squash (about 1 pound), halved lengthwise
- 2 tbsp. olive oil, divided
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 tsp. lemon zest, plus 1/2 a whole lemon
- 1/2 small jalapeño pepper, thinly sliced
- 1/2 tsp. pure honey
- 2 scallions, thinly sliced
- 1/2 c. fresh basil, torn
- Set up grill for direct cooking and heat to medium-high. Once hot, clean and lightly oil grates with canola oil. Brush zucchini and squash with 1 tablespoon olive oil. Season with salt and pepper.
- Grill zucchini, squash, and lemon half, cut sides down, until charred and just tender, 3 to 4 minutes. Transfer to a cutting board; cut zucchini and squash into 2-inch pieces.
- Squeeze juice from grilled lemon into a bowl. Add lemon zest, jalapeño, honey, and remaining tablespoon olive oil and whisk to combine. Season with salt and pepper. Add zucchini, squash, scallions, and basil and toss to combine.
Posted by Coba Grills and we thank Country Living for this delicious recipe and the recipe link https://www.countryliving.com/food-drinks/a28196314/grilled-summer-squash-with-lemon-scallion-dressing-recipe/