Preparation time: 25 mins
Cooking time: 15 mins
- ⅓ cup mayonnaise
- 2 tsp. fresh lime juice
- Kosher salt
- 1 toasted nori sheet
- 1 tsp. ground coriander
- ½ tsp. ground ginger
- 2 Tbsp. vegetable oil, plus more for the grill
- 12 large dry sea scallops, side muscles removed, patted dry
- ½ lime
- 3 scallions, dark green parts only, very thinly sliced
- 1 tsp. Aleppo-style or other mild red pepper flakes or gochugaru (coarse Korean red pepper powder)
- A spice mill; eight 8" wooden skewers, soaked at least 1 hour
- Prepare a grill for medium-high heat. Mix mayonnaise, lime juice, a pinch of salt, and 1 Tbsp. water in a small bowl; set lime mayo aside.
- Finely grind nori in spice mill. Transfer half to a small bowl; set aside for serving. Transfer remaining nori to a large bowl and mix in coriander, ginger, and 2 Tbsp. oil. Add scallops and toss to coat.
- Thread 3 scallops onto 2 skewers. (This will keep scallops in place and make them easy to turn. You can also use this method for shrimp and small peppers like shishito and Padrón.) Repeat with remaining scallops and skewers. Season both sides with salt.
- Clean and oil grate, then immediately place scallops on the outside edge of the grill so that the skewers are hanging off the side. Grill, turning scallops with handles of skewers until grill marks appear and scallops are just cooked through, about 3 minutes per side, depending on their size.
- Spread lime mayo on a platter and place skewers with scallops on top. Finely grate zest from lime half over, then squeeze juice over. Top with scallions and sprinkle with Aleppo-style pepper and reserved nori.
Posted by Coba Grills and we thank Bon Appetit for this delicious recipe and the recipe link https://www.bonappetit.com/recipe/grilled-scallops-with-nori-ginger-and-lime