Preparation time: 10 mins
Cooking time: 15 mins
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup white wine
- 4 (6-ounce) cod fillets
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt (or more to taste)
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- For Serving: lemon wedges
- Gather the ingredients. Preheat grill to medium-high heat.
- In a small skillet, melt butter. Add onions and cook for 1 to 2 minutes.
- Add white wine and let simmer for an additional 3 minutes. Remove from heat and let cool for 5 minutes.
- Brush fish fillets with extra-virgin olive oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Place fish on a well-oiled grill rack and cook for 8 minutes.
- Baste cod with butter sauce and carefully flip over fish. Cook for an additional 6 to 7 minutes, basting fish a total of 2 to 3 times, or until fish is opaque, flakes easily with a fork, and reaches an internal temperature of 145 F.
- Remove cod from the grill, top with lemon wedges, and serve.
Posted by Coba Grills and we thank The Spruce Eats for this delicious recipe and the recipe link is https://www.thespruceeats.com/grilled-onion-butter-cod-334385