Preparation time: 1 hr 10 mins
Cooking time: 15 mins
- 1 lb. boneless beef sirloin steak
- 2 tbsp. chilli garlic sauce
- 1 tbsp. light soy sauce
- 1 tbsp. hoisin sauce
- 1 tbsp. fresh garlic, minced
- 1 ½ tsp. fresh ginger, grated
- 1 ½ tsp. dark brown sugar, packed
- Nonstick cooking spray
- 3 green onions, trimmed
- ½ to 3/4 c. reduced-sodium beef broth
- 1 ½ tsp. cornstarch
- 1 tbsp. water
- 2 tsp. sesame oil
- 2 c. instant brown rice, cooked, optional
- Roasted white sesame seeds, for garnish
- Trim fat from steak. thinly slice steak across the grain into bite-size strips. Whisk together chilli garlic sauce, soy sauce, hoisin sauce, garlic, ginger, and brown sugar in a medium bowl. Add steak strips; toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Coat a grill pan with cooking spray and heat over high heat. Add green onions and cook 1 minute or until tops begin to wilt. Remove to a cutting board. When cool enough to handle, cut into 1-inch pieces; set aside.
- Drain steak strips; reserve marinade. Cook half of the steak strips in the grill pan over medium-high heat; 1 minute per side or until grill marks form. Remove steak strips from the pan and repeat with remaining strips. Set steak strips aside and keep warm.
- Place reserved marinade and enough beef broth to make 1 cup in a small saucepan. Bring to boiling; reduce heat. Simmer, uncovered, until liquid is reduced to 2/3 cup. Combine cornstarch and water; stir into reduced mixture until thickened and bubbly. Stir in sesame oil.
- Serve steak strips and green onions with sauce over rice, if desired. Garnish with sesame seeds.
Posted by Coba Grills and we thank Hy-Vee for this delicious recipe and the recipe link is https://www.hy-vee.com/recipes-ideas/recipes/grilled-mongolian-beef