How To Prepare Grilled Mahi-Mahi with Lemongrass-Lime Aïoli
Preparation time: 15 mins
Cooking time: 10 mins
- 1 large egg yolk
- 1 tablespoon grated lemongrass (grated using a Microplane, see Note)
- 1 teaspoon grated lime zest plus 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice (from 1 lime)
- 1 large garlic clove, grated (about 1/2 teaspoon)
- ¾ teaspoon fine sea salt, divided
- 3 tablespoons avocado oil or other neutral cooking oil
- 5 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- 4 (6-ounce) skinless mahi-mahi fillets
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- Preheat a grill to medium-high (400°F to 450°F). Combine egg yolk, lemongrass, lime zest and juice, garlic, and 1/4 teaspoon salt in a 1-pint mason jar. Place an immersion blender inside jar, and process until mixture is well incorporated, about 3 seconds. Stir together avocado oil and 3 tablespoons olive oil in a small bowl; with immersion blender running, drizzle oil mixture into egg yolk mixture, processing until smooth and combined, 10 to 15 seconds. Set aside.
- Brush fish fillets evenly with remaining 2 tablespoons olive oil; sprinkle evenly with pepper and remaining 1/2 teaspoon salt. Arrange fillets on oiled grill grates; grill, covered, until fish flakes easily and is just cooked through, 4 to 5 minutes per side. Transfer fillets to plates or a large serving platter; serve alongside aïoli.
Posted by Coba Grills and we thank Food & Wine for this delicious recipe and the recipe link https://www.foodandwine.com/recipes/grilled-mahi-mahi-with-lemongrass-lime-aioli