Preparation time: 10 mins
Cooking time: 15 mins
- 6 Pork Loin Chops (1 1/2 inch thick for each pork chops)
For The Marinade
- 1/2 cup low sodium soy sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger (1 Tablespoons fresh ginger)
- 1/4 crushed red pepper (optional)
- 3 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1/8 teaspoon ground pepper
For the Pineapple Salsa
- 2 cups fresh pineapple, diced
- 1 jalapeno, seeds removed, chopped
- 1/2 red bell pepper, seeds removed, diced
- 1/4 cup red onion, chopped
- 1/2 of a lime, juiced
- Dash of salt
- In a medium mixing bowl whisk together the soy sauce, ground ginger, crushed red pepper, garlic and pepper.
- In a large zip lock bag combine the pork chops and the marinade and refrigerate for 2 hours, making sure to massage the marinade into the pork chops.
- Pre-heat grill or grill pan over medium-high heat.
- Place pork on the grill and let sit for 6-7 minutes. Flip the pork to the other side and continue cooking until it reaches an internal cooking temperature of 145 degrees (the total time will depend on the thickness and type of pork chop you use), about another 6-7 minutes.
- Remove pork from the grill and cover loosely with foil. Let rest at least 3 minutes to ensure juicy pork.
- Place the grilled pork chops on each plate and top with a spoonful of pineapple salsa on each pork chop.
Posted by Coba Grills and we thank Acedar Spoon for this delicious recipe and the recipe link https://www.acedarspoon.com/grilled-hawaiian-pork-chops/