Preparation time: 5 mins
Cooking time: 10 mins
- 1 bread loaf , fairly flat (rather than a tall loaf, Note 1)
- 125 g / 1 stick salted butter (or unsalted + 3/4 tsp salt)
- 3 garlic cloves , very finely chopped (do not use crusher or jar, Note 2)
- 1 tbsp finely chopped parsley
- Preheat BBQ to medium high.
- Melt butter in a small saucepan over medium high heat.
- Add garlic and salt, stir until garlic is LIGHT golden and salt is dissolved.
- Immediately remove from heat, set aside for for few minutes to let garlic infuse into butter.
- Split the bread in half lengthwise. Or use thick individual slices of bread.
- Spoon just over half the butter onto the cut face of the bread, avoiding the garlic bits. Brush a bit of butter on the other side.
- Place bread cut face down and cook for 3 - 5 minutes or until you have crusty edges, then flip.
- Brush away any burnt garlic bits, then baste on the remaining garlic butter. Garlic bits are mainly for flavour infusion but feel free to put them on too, great texture!
- Once underside is crusty (3 min or so), remove, sprinkle with parsley, cut and serve!