Preparation time: 15 mins
Cooking time: 5 mins
Ingredients for the COD
- 1 pound deboned cod loins or thick filets
- 1/4 cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil (EVOO)
- 1 lime, zested then juiced
- 2 cloves garlic, smashed
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- Sea salt
Ingredients for Cabbage Topping
- 1/2 head Savoy cabbage, shredded
- 3 scallions, thinly sliced
- 1 small jalapeno pepper, minced
- 1/3 cup fresh lime juice
- 2 TBS honey
- 1/4 cup grape seed or canola oil
- Sea salt
- 1 Avocado, halved, pitted, scooped from the peel, and sliced thinly
- 8 flour or corn tortillas
- Prepare the fish: Cut the fish into equal pieces, say 3” square. No need to be exact. Combine the fish with the EVOO, lime zest and juice, garlic, paprika, and salt to taste in a medium bowl. Cover and refrigerate while you make the cabbage.
- Prepare the cabbage: In a medium bowl, whisk the lime juice, honey, and oil. Add the cabbage, scallions, and jalapeno. Season with some salt to taste. Mix this all together and let this sit for at least 15 minutes or longer.
- Heat the Foreman Grill to high. Cook the cod on the hot grill with the top closed for approximately 3 minutes. Check with a fork to see if it is white and opaque inside. Remove the fish to a plate and wipe the hot grill with a folded paper towel (carefully) to clean.
- Warm the tortillas, as many as will fit at a time, on the grill. It’s ok if they overlap. While they are warming, prepare the avocado strips.
- Assemble by placing a tortilla on a plate, then some fish, topped with the avocado, and finished with the cabbage. Fold over and enjoy with plenty of napkins.
Posted by Coba Grills and we thank Foreman Grill Recipes for this delicious recipe and the recipe link is https://foremangrillrecipes.com/seafood-recipes/grilled-cod-fish-tacos/