Preparation time: 20 mins
Cooking time: 15 mins
- 1 tablespoon Italian seasoning
- 4-5 sprigs fresh rosemary
- 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 3/4 cup reserved brine from peppadew peppers jar
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly cracked black pepper
- 2 pounds chicken breast, diced into 2-inch pieces
- 4 sausage links, par-frozen and cut into 2-inch pieces
- 2 yellow onions, cut into 1-inch size pieces
- 2 pounds Yukon gold potatoes, cut in half (or quarters, if large)
- 3 yellow bell peppers, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 12-inch-long wooden skewers, soaked in water for about 30 minutes before using
- 1 (14-ounce) can artichoke hearts, drained and diced
- 1 (14-ounce) jar peppadew peppers, diced and brine reserved
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup reserved brine from peppadew peppers jar
- 1 teaspoon Calabrian chili paste
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Place a large zip-top bag inside a medium mixing bowl and add Italian seasoning, fresh rosemary, extra virgin olive oil, reserved peppadew brine, salt and freshly cracked black pepper. Stir to combine.For the chicken burgers: Combine the ground chicken, italian seasoning, garlic powder, cayenne, parmesan and parsley in a bowl. Add a hefty sprinkle of kosher salt and then use clean hands to gently work the mixture together. Divide the mixture into 8 rounds — not patties, but loose rounds to smash later.
- Add chicken, sausage, onions, potatoes and bell peppers to the marinade and mix to combine to ensure everything is coated in the marinade. Place in the fridge for at least 2 hours and up to overnight.
- In the meantime, prepare the tapenade. Mix together diced artichoke hearts, diced peppadew peppers, olive oil, peppadew brine, Calabrian chili paste and salt. Set aside.
- To the skewer, add a few pieces of onions, followed by a piece of chicken, 1 piece of bell pepper, 1 piece of sausage, and 1 potato onto a soaked wooden skewer or metal skewer. Repeat until skewer is mostly full, You should have 3 pieces of chicken and 2 pieces of sausage per skewer.
- Place skewers onto a preheated grill over direct medium-high heat. Baste skewers with leftover marinade during the first 5 minutes of cooking. Cook on each side for about 4 to 5 minutes, until well-charred and potatoes and chicken are cooked through.
- Remove from the grill and place onto a serving platter. Serve with artichoke and pepper tapenade over top.
Posted by Coba Grills and we thank Today for this delicious recipe and the recipe link https://www.today.com/recipes/grilled-chicken-giambotta-skewers-recipe-t263208