Preparation time: 30 mins
Cooking time: 10 mins
- 3 cups cubed whole-wheat sourdough bread (about 6 oz.)
- 4 teaspoons olive oil, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt, divided
- 1 cup canned unsalted chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 cup plain whole-milk Greek yoghurt
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon reduced-sodium Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon anchovy paste
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 large romaine lettuce hearts, quartered lengthwise
- Cooking spray
- 1 ounce Parmesan cheese, grated (about 1/4 cup)
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Place bread on one half of a rimmed baking sheet. Toss with 1 tablespoon oil and 1/8 teaspoon salt, and spread in a single layer. Place chickpeas on the opposite half of baking sheet; toss with paprika, 1/8 teaspoon salt, and remaining 1 teaspoon oil, and spread in a single layer. Bake at 350°F for 20 minutes, tossing once halfway through.
- Transfer bread to a food processor. Pulse until ground. Set aside.
- Whisk together yoghurt, lemon juice, mustard, Worcestershire sauce, garlic, anchovy paste, pepper, and remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt in a bowl. Whisk in water, 1 teaspoon at a time, until dressing reaches desired consistency. Set aside.
- Preheat a grill to medium-high (about 450°F), or heat a grill pan over medium-high. Coat cut sides of romaine hearts with cooking spray. Place 3 or 4 romaine quarters, cut sides down, on the grill grate or in the grill pan. Grill until charred, about 2 minutes, turning after 1 minute and watching closely to prevent burning. Repeat with remaining romaine quarters.
- Place 2 romaine quarters on each of 4 plates. Top with 2 tablespoons Caesar dressing, 1/4 cup sourdough breadcrumbs, 1/4 cup chickpeas, and 1 tablespoon cheese.
Posted by Coba Grills and we thank Cooking Light for this delicious recipe and the recipe link is https://www.cookinglight.com/recipes/grilled-caesar-salad-with-sourdough-breadcrumbs