Preparation time: 75 mins
Cooking time: 30 mins
- 1 lb pork tenderloin
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- 1–2 teaspoons fresh rosemary
Savory Strawberry Compote
- 4 garlic cloves
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 small shallot – finely chopped (2 tablespoons)
- 2 cups strawberries- small diced
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 2 tablespoons honey or sugar
- Generous pinch salt and pepper
- Squeeze lemon juice- 1 teaspoon
- Place marinade ingredients in a blender and blend until combined. Place loin and marinade in a large ziplock bag, or in a shallow baking dish, coating all sides. Refrigerate for 1 hour or overnight.
- In a small saucepan, heat oil over medium-low heat, add shallot. Stir and sauté until golden about 4-5 minutes. Add strawberries, wine, sugar, salt, pepper. Bring to a simmer. Continue to simmer on med-low heat until the wine has reduced and strawberries have thickened about 10 minutes. It should look like a loose jam. Add a squeeze of lemon to brighten. Set aside.
- Preheat grill on high heat.
- Remove loin from the marinade and pour extra marinade into a small pot. Boil for one minute, or until it has darkened — you will use this cooked marinade to baste the loin whilst on the grill.
- Once the grill is hot, scrape it clean. Turn to medium-high and place pork loin directly on the grill, and cook for 12 minutes total, turning and basting every 3 minutes. Cover in-between turns. Check temperature. Continue cooking on grill, lowering heat if necessary – or finish it in the oven- just until loin reaches 140 F at the thickest part. Let rest 5-10 minutes loosely covered with foil.
- When ready to serve, slice loin into ¾ inch slices, then plate, topping with strawberry compote ( or place pork over the compote).
- Garnish with fresh diced strawberry, rosemary sprigs, and balsamic reduction.