Preparation time: 10 mins
Cooking time: 10 mins
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
- 8 slices of white sandwich bread
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 pound sliced Swiss or Gruyère cheese
- 8 ounces thinly sliced ham
- Dill pickle slices (optional)
- 2 tablespoons whole grain mustard
- Butter each slice of bread and sprinkle with Parmesan, pressing to help it stick. Flip the slices over onto a work surface, Parmesan side down. Top 4 of the slices with the Swiss cheese, ham and pickles. Spread the mustard on the remaining 4 slices of bread. Close the sandwiches and griddle over moderate heat, turning, until golden, crisp on the outside and melted inside, about 3 minutes.
- Using a ghost or tulip shaped cookie cutter, press the shape into the sandwich. Finish by adding sliced olives as eyes.
Posted by Coba Grills and we thank Kelsey Nixon for this delicious recipe and the recipe link https://kelseynixon.com/ghostly-grilled-cheese/