Preparation time: 20 mins
Cooking time: 30 mins
- One 4 1/2-pound trimmed beef tenderloin
- 1/3 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 6 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons coarsely cracked black pepper
- 1 tablespoon chopped thyme
- 2 teaspoons chopped marjoram
- 2 teaspoons chopped rosemary
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- Fold the thin end of the tenderloin roast under to make the meat an even thickness. Tie the roast at 1-inch intervals and transfer to a large rimmed baking sheet. In a small bowl, combine the olive oil with the garlic, pepper, thyme, marjoram, rosemary and salt. Rub the herb oil all over the roast and refrigerate for 2 to 4 hours. Bring to room temperature before grilling.
- Light a grill. Grill the roast directly over moderately high heat, turning often, until nicely charred, about 30 minutes for medium-rare. Transfer to a carving board and let rest for 10 minutes. Slice the roast 1/2 inch thick and serve.
Posted by Coba Grills and we thank Food and Wine for this delicious recipe and the recipe link https://www.foodandwine.com/recipes/garlicky-grilled-beef-tenderloin-herbs