Preparation time: 10 mins
Cooking time: 5 mins
- 8 tablespoons (1 stick) unsalted butter, divided
- 1 1/2 pounds (700g) extra-large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 5 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 cup (60ml) chicken stock
- 1 teaspoon hot sauce of your choice (we used Sriracha)
- 1/2 Juice of lemon, or more, to taste
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley, for garnish
- Crushed red chili pepper flakes, optional
- To make your garlic butter shrimp: Melt 2 tablespoons butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat. In a bowl, season shrimp with salt and pepper, to taste. Add shrimp and cook, stirring occasionally, until shrimp is pink, about 2-3 minutes; then set aside in a shallow plate.
- Add garlic to the same skillet, and cook, stirring frequently, until fragrant, about 1 minute. Stir in chicken stock, hot sauce, and lemon juice to deglaze. Bring to a boil; reduce heat and simmer until reduced by half, about 1-2 minutes. Stir in remaining 6 tablespoons butter, 1 tablespoon at a time, until melted and smooth.
- Stir in shrimp and gently toss to combine with the garlic butter sauce. Reheat for 1 minute, then serve the garlic butter shrimp immediately, garnished with chili pepper flakes and fresh chopped parsley, if desired. Enjoy!
Posted by Coba Grills and we thank Eatwell for this delicious recipe and the recipe link is https://www.eatwell101.com/garlic-butter-shrimp-recipe#recipecardo