Preparation time: 10 mins
Cooking time: 10 mins
- 1 kg/ 2lb beef short ribs, butterflied Korean style (pictured) or thinly sliced through the bone
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
KOREAN BARBECUE MARINADE
- 1/3 cup soy sauce (all purpose or light soy, not dark or sweet)
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 2 tbsp mirin
- 1/4 cup onion , finely grated (including juice)
- 1/4 cup nashi pear , finely grated including juice (sub normal pear or any red apple)
- 2 tsp garlic , finely grated
- 2 tsp ginger , finely grated
- 2 tbsp water
- 1 tbsp toasted sesame oil
- 1 tsp black pepper
- Green onion, sesame seeds, coriander/cilantro leaves , for garnish
- Kimchi Fried Rice
- Smashed Cucumbers
- Whisk Marinade ingredients in a bowl.
- Place beef in a ziplock bag, glass or ceramic container. Pour over Marinade, mix well to coat. Cover and marinade for 24 hours.
- Remove beef from Marinade, discard Marinade.
- Heat on high until smoking hot, then brush grills with vegetable oil. Lay beef on BBQ and cook for 2 minutes on one side until caramelised. Turn and cook the other side until caramelised. Remove, loosely cover with foil, cook remaining beef.
- Cut beef strips into pieces that will fit your skillet. Heat skillet with oil over high heat. Add beef and cook for 2 minutes until caramelised, then turn and cook the other side for 2 minutes.
- Garnish beef with sesame seeds and green onions if desired. You don't need a sauce for this one – it is literally dripping with flavour!
Posted by Coba Grills and we thank RecipeTin Eats for this delicious recipe and the recipe link https://www.recipetineats.com/korean-bbq-marinated-beef-short-ribs-galbi/#wprm-recipe-container-60951