Preparation time: 1 hr 30 mins
Cooking time: 1 hr 30 mins
- 1/4 cup kosher salt
- 2 tablespoons light brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1 tablespoon ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Two 2 1/2- to 3-pound racks of lamb ribs
- 1 cup apple cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons pomegranate molasses
- In a bowl, mix the salt with the sugar, cumin, coriander, pepper and cinnamon. Transfer 2 tablespoons of the rub to a medium bowl. In a large, shallow baking dish, sprinkle the remaining rub over the lamb ribs, massaging it into the meat. Let stand at room temperature for 1 hour.
- Light a gas grill. Whisk the apple cider vinegar and pomegranate molasses into the reserved 2 tablespoons of rub.
- Transfer the lamb ribs meaty side down to the grill and cook over moderately low heat, turning once, until lightly charred all over 7 to 10 minutes. Reduce the heat to low and grill, turning and basting with the sauce every 10 minutes, until the meat is very tender and nicely charred, 1 hour and 30 minutes. Transfer the ribs to a carving board, tent with foil and let rest for 10 minutes. Cut the ribs between the bones and serve.
Posted by Coba Grills and we thank Food and Wine for this delicious recipe and the recipe link is https://www.foodandwine.com/recipes/cumin-and-coriander-grilled-lamb-ribs