Preparation time: 45 mins
Cooking time: 10 mins
Pickled red onion
- 3 cups water
- 1¼ cup red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon cumin seed
- 1 tablespoon yellow mustard seeds
- 1 teaspoon black peppercorns
- 5 sprigs of fresh thyme
- 1 bay leaf
- 2 tablespoons plus 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 red onions, thinly sliced
Spicy mango salsa
- 1 small ripe mango, peeled and diced
- 1 scotch bonnet pepper, thinly sliced
- 2 spring onions, trimmed and finely sliced
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 tablespoon freshly squeezed lime juice
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 4 tablespoons self-rising flour
- 4 tablespoons cold water
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2½ pounds organic salmon fillets, skin on, scaled and pin bones removed
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 small ripe avocado, diced
- 1/2 pound ripe mixed-color cherry tomatoes, quartered
- 2 limes
- 1 teaspoon chopped cilantro
- 1 teaspoon pink peppercorns, crushed
- For the pickled red onions: Combine all ingredients in a saucepan, and bring to a boil. Remove from heat and cool it on ice, then store in liquid.
- For the spicy mango salsa: In a bowl, mix the mango, Scotch bonnet, spring onion, chopped cilantro, lime juice, and extra virgin olive oil, and store it in the refrigerator.
- For the tortillas: Mix the self-rising flour with cold water, sea salt, and olive oil.
- Mix together with a fork, knead, then divide into 4 and roll out thinly on a flour-dusted surface.
- To cook, heat in a dry nonstick pan for 1 minute on each side, until lightly golden.
- For the crispy salmon: Carefully cut the skin off the salmon and place it in a nonstick frying pan on medium-high heat to crisp up on both sides.
- Pat kosher salt on the salmon fillets, then fries for 6 minutes, turning to get them golden and crispy on one side, then flip to cook the other side until golden and crispy, another 6 minutes. Once the skin is crispy, move it to sit on top of the salmon.
- Sprinkle the mango salsa and avocado over the tortillas, then flake over the salmon and crack over the skin.
- Toss the tomatoes and the juice of 1 lime in the residual heat of the pan for 30 seconds, then spoon over the tortillas. Garnish with a few pickled red onions and chopped cilantro. Sprinkle with the pink peppercorn and serve with lime wedges, for squeezing over.
Posted by Coba Grills and we thank Today for this delicious recipe and the recipe link https://www.today.com/recipes/crispy-salmon-spicy-mango-salsa-tacos-recipe-t261039?icid=recipes_baconmodule