Preparation time: 10 mins
Cooking time: 5 mins
- 1 package soba noodles (one bundle per eater)
- 1/2 pound pork thinly sliced (about 6 slices per salad)
- 2 cups green salad leaves, like chrysanthemum greens
- 1/2 pound daikon or assorted radishes, cut into thin matchsticks
- 1 cucumber, cut into thin matchsticks
- 1 tomato, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons sesame paste
- 2 tablespoons sake
- 2 tablespoons mirin
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 cup dashi
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds, for sprinkling
- Nori flakes
- For the noodle salad: Boil a pot of water for the soba noodles, which cook in a couple of minutes. Cook the noodles and set them aside. Reserve the boiling water to quickly cook the pork by swishing the thin slices. Set aside.
- For the dressing: Mix all the ingredients and keep refrigerated until ready to assemble.
- To serve: Assemble the salads by layering the noodles on the bottom of the bowl, followed by the greens, and topped with the assorted vegetables and pork slices. Drizzle dressing over the salad and garnish with sesame seeds and nori flakes.
Posted by Coba Grills and we thank Today for this delicious recipe and the recipe link https://www.today.com/recipes/cold-shabu-shabu-noodle-salad-recipe-t258529