Preparation time: 5 mins
Cooking time: 15 mins
- Cut eggplant at an angle into 1/2" thick pieces about 3-4 inches long.
- Place the eggplant in a steamer basket and steam for 10-12 minutes until under.
- In a small bowl, mix together chicken stock, light soy sauce, dark soy sauce, sugar, white pepper, msg, chicken stock, and corn starch. Chop garlic and mince ginger and set aside.
- Once the eggplant is steamed, place them on a paper towel and pat them dry to remove excess moisture.
- Over medium high heat, add 2 tbsp of netural oil and saute garlic and ginger. Add in eggplant and stir fry for 2 minutes until they take on a golden brown color.
- Add the premixed sauce, then stir to coat the eggplant for about 2 minutes until the sauce thickens to a glaze. Serve and enjoy!