Preparation time: 5 mins
Cooking time: 30 mins
For the Chicken Breasts
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 tablespoon + 1 teaspoon olive oil
- salt and fresh ground pepper, to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked or sweet paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon dried rosemary
For the Creamed Spinach
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 yellow onion, diced
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 3/4 cups low sodium chicken broth
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 10 ounces baby spinach
- 1/2 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
- Heat 1 tablespoon olive oil in a skillet over medium heat.
- Rub the chicken breasts with 1 teaspoon olive oil and season with salt, pepper, paprika garlic powder, basil, and rosemary.
- Place chicken breasts in the skillet and cook for 8 minutes, or until chicken is easy to move and edges are opaque.
- Flip over; cover the pan, and lower heat to medium-low. Continue to cook for 10 minutes.
- Remove chicken from skillet, cover, and set aside.
- In the same skillet, heat 1 tablespoon olive oil.
- Add diced onions and cook over medium heat for 3 minutes, or until softened.
- Stir in the garlic and cook for 30 seconds, or until fragrant.
- Add chicken broth and scrape up the pieces stuck at the bottom of the pan.
- Stir in the heavy cream and let simmer for a couple minutes.
- Add baby spinach; cook for a minute, or until just wilted.
- Melt in the parmesan cheese.
- Return chicken breasts to the skillet to simmer with the sauce for about 3 to 4 minutes.
- Remove from heat and serve.
Posted by Coba Grills and we thank Diethood for this delicious recipe and the recipe link is https://diethood.com/easy-chicken-breasts-recipe-creamed-spinach-sauce/