Preparation time: 10 mins
Cooking time: 15 mins
- 1pound unpeeled red baby new potatoes, cut into 1-in. pieces
- 2tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 2teaspoons kosher salt, divided
- 1/2teaspoon black pepper, divided
- 1pound fresh okra
- 3large scallions, sliced (1/2 cup)
- 2tablespoons fresh lemon juice (from 1 lemon)
- 1tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1teaspoon chopped fresh thyme
- Preheat grill to medium-high (400°F to 450°F). Place potatoes and 2 tablespoons water in a 1-quart microwavable dish; cover tightly with plastic wrap. Microwave on HIGH until potatoes are tender, about 7 minutes. Drain.
- Toss together potatoes, 1 tablespoon of the olive oil, 1 teaspoon of the salt, and 1/4 teaspoon of the pepper in a bowl. Toss together okra and remaining 1 tablespoon olive oil, 1 teaspoon salt, and 1/4 teaspoon pepper in a separate bowl.
- Place potatoes on oiled grates; grill, covered, turning occasionally, until tender and charred on all sides, 4 to 6 minutes. Transfer to a large heatproof bowl; set aside. Place okra on oiled grates; grill, covered, until charred and tender, about 4 minutes, turning once halfway through cook time. Transfer to a cutting board; cut in half lengthwise. Add to potatoes in bowl. Add scallions, lemon juice, extra-virgin olive oil, and thyme; toss to combine.
Posted by Coba Grills and we thank Southern Living for this delicious recipe and the recipe link is https://www.southernliving.com/recipes/potato-okra-salad