Preparation time: 25 mins
Cooking time: 10 mins
- 2 teaspoons fennel seeds
- 2 teaspoons coriander seeds
- 1 teaspoon cumin seeds
- 4 x 220g swordfish steaks
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 x 190g jars grilled peppers in olive oil
- 1 onion, thinly sliced
- 2 celery stalks, thinly sliced
- 2 cups tomato passata (sugo)
- 2 tablespoons sliced kalamata olives
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1/4 cup torn basil leaves
- Micro salad leaves or mixed baby salad leaves and olive tapenade, to serve
- Cook spices in a dry pan over medium-high heat for 1 minute or until fragrant. Grind in a spice grinder or mortar and pestle to a powder, then season. Brush fish with olive oil and sprinkle it with spices.
- Drain peppers, reserving oil from one jar. Place oil in a frypan over medium heat. Cook onion for 2-3 minutes until softened but not coloured. Add celery and cook, stirring, for a further minute. Add peppers, passata and olives. Cook for 1-2 minutes, stirring, then stir in the sugar and basil. Season with salt and pepper. Keep warm.
- Preheat a chargrill or barbecue to high. Add the fish and grill for 2 minutes on each side until seared but still pink in the middle, or until cooked to your liking. Serve with the caponata and tapenade, garnished with baby salad leaves.
Posted by Coba Grills and we thank Delicious for this delicious recipe and the recipe link https://www.delicious.com.au/recipes/chargrilled-swordfish-caponata/5bb8366f-089e-4355-8a9b-ab3e4e659bf1?current_section=recipes