Preparation time: 10 mins
Cooking time: 20 mins
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh ginger root
- 1/3 cup oyster sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon Chinese five-spice powder
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 1/4 cup white sugar
- 3 ounces hoisin sauce
- 3 ounces ketchup
- 2-4 drops red food coloring (optional)
- 4 tablespoons honey
- 2 (8-ounce) bone-in, thick-cut pork chops, at least 1-inch thick
- Nonstick cooking spray
- In a one-gallon zip-top bag, stir together the ginger root, oyster sauce, five-spice powder, soy sauce, white sugar, hoisin sauce, ketchup and food coloring, if using. Reserve about 1 tablespoon of the marinade in a small bowl. Stir the honey into marinade to create a glaze.
- Place the pork chops into the zip-top bag. Massage to distribute flavors into the pork. Let the pork marinate for four hours to overnight in refrigerator.
- Remove your pork chops from marinade and pat dry. Spray with nonstick cooking spray on both sides. Preheat the air fryer to 400 F, full fan. Cook for about 5 to 8 minutes until golden brown on one side. Baste on one side, then turn the chops over and baste the other side. Cook for an additional 5 minutes or until the internal temperature reaches about 150 F to 165 F. Let rest for at least 8 minutes before serving.
Posted by Coba Grills and we thank Today for this delicious recipe and the recipe link https://www.today.com/recipes/char-siu-cantonese-sweet-sticky-barbecue-pork-chops-recipe-t263065